[jawsscripts] Re: How to make TFDCheckListBox readable by JAWS?

  • From: "David Farough" <David.Farough@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 11:53:39 -0400

You could try  focusing on the listbox and see if the GetLine function
will return the corner or Checkmark text strings.  If yes, then you can
make Jaws speak the Checkmark when checkmark is found.

David Farough
Application Accessibility Coordinator/coordonateur de l'accessibilité
Information Technology Services Directorate /
Direction des services d'information technologiques
Public Service Commission / Commission de la fonction publique
Email / Courriel:  David.Farough@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tel. / Tél:    (613) 992-2779

>>> Jitendra <jeet.invincible@xxxxxxxxx> 11:57 pm Saturday, September
20, 2008 >>>

Wow, no graphics as such,
but when unchecked, A graphic "called Corner" is detected by jaws
cursor,
andwhen checked, another graphic: "Checkmark" found!
now what?
You wrote: Well, who knows, Jitendra. There's a couple things to try:
a)
reclass as a multiselect listbox; b) Turn on graphics &see if there's
graphic that changes whether an object is checked/unchecked. Havin
said
that,I have a program that does the same thing &I've never been able to
fix
it. So there aren't any guarantees. Good luck. On 9/20/08, Jitendra
<jeet.invincible@xxxxxxxxx>[1] wrote: Hello friends, there is a class
name
below, TFDCheckListBox it contains Items, that are checkable, but
problem
is:JAWS doesn't anounce the state checked or unchecked of any item
found in
it, MSAA returns nothing perhaps, as when I press f9 key after setting
the
output mode to tell state of the item, in homerow mode, it says:
"selected",
in both states of the item, HTH, help me please. Thank you, Jitendra.
__________ Visit and contribute to The JAWS Script Repository
http://jawsscripts.com[2] View the list's information and change your
settings at //www.freelists.org/list/jawsscripts[3]

--- Links ---
   1 mailto:jeet.invincible@xxxxxxxxx
   2 http://jawsscripts.com
   3 //www.freelists.org/list/jawsscripts
Visit and contribute to The JAWS Script Repository
http://jawsscripts.com

100 Years Merits a Celebration!
http://www.psc-cfp.gc.ca/100/index-eng.htm
100 ans, ça mérite une célébration!