[jawsscripts] How to export data to excel

  • From: Saurabh Malav <saurabhmalav@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 17:02:29 +0530

Hi Friends,
Currently I am writing jaws script for one java based application in which I
found that the navigation within the table is very slow through keyboard. So
I thought to export content of this table to excel so that it can be
navigated with fast speed.

I wrote some scripts by using Excel Object Model through which I am able to
get object of excel sheet and set keyboard focus to any desired cell, but I
am unable to write any data to any cell. Following is the my code to perform
this operation.

Var Object oExcel, Object oNull
Let oExcel = GetObject("Excel.Application")
oExcel.Range("b1").Select()
oExcel.Range("b1").Value("My data")

Let oExcel = oNull

In this script I am trying to type a string in "b1" cell but unable to do
this although I am able to set focus to this cell by using above code.
Can anybody give any solution on how to type any string to excel sheet?

Thanks in advance,
Saurabh