[jawsscripts] Re: How do you define a constant containing a negative number?

  • From: Chad Foster <chad.foster@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 12:48:57 -0500

Yep, last time I checked this was not possible. You can either use the
string ("-1") and call that constant using the StringToInt function,
or define the value (-1) in an INI file and just have that key read
from your function/script.

HTH,

On 2/15/10, Mike O'Brien <mike23432@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In a script file , I want to define the following constant.
>
> Const
>       iStartingLevel=-1
>
> But When I compile it in JAWS 10 and 11, I get the message "The word Const
> must be followed by a constant definition."  If I put the Minus 1 in quotes,
> it compiles but changes the constant to a string instead of an int so it
> can't be used as a number.  The FSDN and Basics of Scripting didn't shed any
> light.
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Mike\

Chad Foster
Access Technology Solutions
Leveling The Playing Field Through Technology
http://www.GO-ATS.net