[jawsscripts] Fw: Quicken 2010

  • From: "Gary King" <w4wkz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JawsScripts" <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 10:56:41 -0500

Since this message is forwarded from the GW-info list, it talks about the
accounting program the company is marketing being compatible with Window-Eyes,
but it also refers to its compatibility with other major screen readers.  Since
they have both a home and business version of the program, it could be
worthwhile giving it a try for either situation.  They are welcoming feedback
on any accessibility problems.  The company is located in New Zealand, but as
can be seen from the below message, there are versions for several countries.
Gary King
w4wkz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

From: Solomon Mekonnen <solomoon@xxxxxxxxxxx>

To: Pat Ferguson <pat.ferguson328@xxxxxxxxx>

Subject: Re: Quicken 2010

AT the risk of sounding like a truly broken record, let me briefly

grab your attentions once again. Thank you so much to all who

honored my request and sent message to Mark at Intuit. However, such

accessibility issues raised by Pat could be addressed effectively if

we bring our voices together. Like the accessibility challenge I

recently raised regarding TurboTax, the same point can be

emphatically stated about Quicken or QuickBooks. My company uses

QuickBooks. But because of accessibility issues, I am at the mercy

of my colleagues working under my supervision. Some of us seem to be

less moved by such issues unless it is something we personally

need. There are individual needs an preferences. But then again,

there is a world of marketplace ideas which requires a more conserted

action than an individual voice. Let us flood Intuit with

accessibility requests regarding all of its products whether or not

it is relevant to individual use.

Can we? What would it take to convince fellow blind and visually

impaired persons to reach beyond individual interest and make a

collective, sensible, and audible noise?

Best regards

Solomon.

At 01:16 PM 8/7/2010, you wrote:

>Hi David and Everyone,

>We have decided to go with QuickBooks Pro, I think instead of Quicken.

>Whatever the latest version is.

>I do hope they make it accessible very soon.

>Thanks much.

>Pat Ferguson

>At 12:07 PM 8/7/2010, you wrote:

>>Hello,

>> I was under the impression that the newer version of Quicken

>> were accessible out of the box as there are no set files for

>> them. I am finding that this program is extremely difficult to

>> use. Does anyone have suggestions on how to best use this product?

>>Sincerely,

>>David Gerry

>>Boston, Massachusetts USA

Scanned by MailMarshal - Marshal8e6's comprehensive email content security
solution. Download a free evaluation of MailMarshal at www.marshal.com