[jawsscripts] Re: CrossReference field back end code reading MsWord 2007? what event might be doing this?

  • From: "Dale Leavens" <dleavens@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 09:47:21 -0400

Hello Geoff,

Just in case I can help you from going down an unproductive path I have had
a similar problem with Word in the past using links. Rather than have a file
name highlighted, that is, the intended displayed text label for a link,
Word would show the path and file name in a pair of squared brackets. This
turned out to be a setting in Worde, another of those Microsoft occasionally
randomly turned on features. I had the devil of a time discovering the cause
and just about the time I would forget the cause this feature would turn
itself back on.

Point is that it was not a JAWS setting or issue but a Word one. I again
don't remember the final cause, something in the File menu I think and
something among the print or page display options I think.

I hope this is helpful and not a red herring, just that I spent a lot of
time chasing down wrong paths and would have missed it without someone else
figuring it out.

I have since retired and no longer use that system.

Dale Leavens.