[jawsscripts] Re: Creating a Com Object in JAWS scripts

  • From: Soronel Haetir <soronel.haetir@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 11:22:43 -0800

regasm reads .net assembly metadata to perform registration, while
regsvr32 simply calls a function exported from the library
(DllRegisterServer) and it is then up to the library to take whatever
steps it needs (if you use ATL this can be automated to a certain
degree by using the registration script system). Generally if the file
is a .net assembly use regasm but if it is native code use regsvr32

On 7/14/15, Jim Snowbarger <snowman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yes, and what is it that determines whether one should use regsvr32, or the
dot net thing, RegAsm?

In Pete's case, the third parameter to CreateObjectEx. Isn't that the
manifest name? But, that is embedded in the dll. So, what if you just
eliminate that third parameter.