[jawsscripts] Character Index in String?

  • From: "Donald Marang" <donald.marang@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 22:06:13 -0500

Hopefully, this is an easy question for you guys.I want to remove all
characters in a string after the occurrence of a certain character, lets say
":", and including that character.  I looked at the StringLeft and
StringContainsChars functions.  To have these two functions work together, the
StringContainsChars would need to return the index where the character was
found rather than just a Boolean True or false.  Are there more appropriate
functions or methods to accomplish this simple task.
For instance I want to transform the string
"Menu:only available in To DVD mode"
"Menu"

Don Marang