[jawsscripts] Re: Calculate time

  • From: Gordon Luke <Gordon.Luke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 16:15:49 +0000

Hi

It would be much easier for you (given the use you wish to make for your
code) to use the GetTickCount() function as previously mentioned by another
contributor to the list.

Thus when the student starts, you store the GetTickCount() integer value at
that point in a global variable and then when they complete the test you
subtract that globally held value from the current GetTickCount().  This
will give you the number of milliseconds they've taken for the test.  It's
then a simple matter of arithmetic to convert this to hours, minutes and
seconds.

Hope this is clear.

Thanks

Gordon Luke
Senior Systems Analyst
Systems Integration (L&P Applications & Testing)

Tel: 01732 429 044
Email: gordon.luke@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Part of the Capita group www.capita.co.uk

Think of the environment...please don't print this e-mail unless you really
need to.

             "Dang Manh Cuong"
             <dangmanhcuong@gm
             ail.com>                                                   To
             Sent by:                  <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
             jawsscripts-bounc                                          cc
             e@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                   Subject
                                       [jawsscripts] Re: Calculate time

             17/01/2012 12:28

             Please respond to
             jawsscripts@freel
                 ists.org

Hi Gordon
I didn't find any more way to do my script with your function. I think i
should tell you some details about my script because may be I don't
understand your functions clearly.
1. I create an input box for students to fiel out their name, their class
and the amount of time (minute) to perform a test
2. Students should be given a hotkey to start their test. The script will
perform a schedule function according to their amount of time. When they're
out of time, the keyboard lock automatically
3. whenever students finished their test, they use a hotkey to lock their
keyboard. And i would like to calculate the time from their start time to
that point.
I did very well two steps, and now, if you have free time, please show me
how to do the lat step. I think your function can do it but don't know how
to use
Thanks so much.
________________
Dang Manh Cuong