[jawsscripts] Re: Accounting software

  • From: "Andy B." <sonfire11@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 11:31:27 -0500

Sage bought Peachtree, then turned it into Sage 50 or something to that
effect. Unfortunately, Pastel and Peachtree no longer exist, and have been
merged into Sage 50 or Sage 500. After testing out a free 14 transaction
trial of Sage accounting, I have determined a few things:

1. $400+ for a basic accounting app is too expensive for the riskof a 14
transaction trial,
2. Based on what I could see, it is completely unusable by a screen reader,
and
3. The risk of 1 and 2 are too large to bite.