[jaws-uk] Re: using JAWS Tandem Direct

  • From: "Phil Medway" <philmedway@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 14:59:37 +0100

Hi Graham,

Tandem direct is designed for use in corporate intranets and will cost you over
£400 but does include the facility to connect remotely to other machines.  This
is not the same as Tandem.  It allows Jaws to work using Terminal services.

The last time I ran Jaws Tandem through the Freedom scientific server it was
still free and as long as your firewall allows it you could do that.  It seems
a little over the top but is the only way you can do what you want using Jaws
10.

One further thing to note is that the control machine must have a fully
licensed version of Jaws 10 but the remote machine need only have a demo copy
although, of course, in this instance it will only run for forty minutes before
requiring a reboot.

Regards,

Phil Medway.

E-mail: philmedway@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx