[jaws-uk] reading emails in vista

  • From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 15:34:06 +0100

Hi all.

It it correct that Microsoft wants people to download Windows Live Mail rather
than continuing to use the standard Windows Mail which comes with Vista?

If this is the case, I am a bit concerned about the rather limited support for
Windows Live that is currently shipped with JAWS.  Specifically, the user is
not told if a message is unread or if a message has attachments.  I am very
surprised that this issue has not been rectified in JAWS 10 and so far I have
stuck with Windows Mail most of the time though I find it sometimes crashes
with large amounts of messages.  Does anyone know of more useful scripts for
Windows Live Mail  than those supplied with JAWS, and which program should I in
fact use for handling Email in Vista?

Regards

Graham
Graham Page