[jaws-uk] Re: diary

  • From: "Michael Brown" <michael.brown222@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 15:04:17 +0100

Hi Jane,

I find this software pretty good, as it works fairly well with Jaws, it's a
diary, calendar, notebook, and appointments book, and you can also enter
details of peoples birthdays, anniversaries etc. and put these into groups
such as; family, friends, business, holidays etc. for those with some sight,
these can be colour coded to identify each group immediately, (although this
is of no use to me, as I am totally blind), but this is not necessary.

For instance, when you enter someone's birthday details, and you eventually
get to the date on the day of that birthday, in the events page, jaws will
say the name of the person, the year they were born and how many years old
they are.

this gives you an immediate reminder of that persons age for instance. You
have an address book feature that you fill in as many details as you wish,
including email addresses etc.

You can have the Anytime Deluxe program to come on at start up of the
computer if you wish, or as I do, put an icon on the desktop saying Anytime
Deluxe and enter on it to bring up the program, it will immediately say the
current days date.

You can tab to the events page to edit details of an event and it's details,
or tab to the To Do list page and edit To Do details including attaching
additional notes. You can also tab to the appointments page to enter and
edit appointments.

There is a link in the set up of this program to go to the internet and
download such things as celebrities birthdays, (I like this feature) word of
the day and it's definition, public holidays from any number of countries
that you choose from the set upprocess, phases of the moon, etc.

It has so many interesting aspects to it.

H T H.

Michael Brown.