[jaws-uk] Re: Stopping programs running at startup

  • From: "TOM REID" <tom.reid2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 16:17:06 -0000

Hi Roy,

There's a program called "Msconfig" that you can use to stop things.

If you hit start button r for run and then, msconfig, you'll get into it.

If you press control-tab, you get various pages, one is applications and you can go down a list and see which ones are running. If you find Yahoo is running, uncheck it and tab to apply then close. You'll be asked to restart.

You may have to do it from your wife's account.

There's also a prog called startup inspector that you can download free and stop things. don't have link at minute.

Tom

----- Original Message ----- From: "Roy Parsons" <parsons.roy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>