[jaws-uk] Stopping Jaws saying "Read only"

  • From: "Jamie Cuthbertson" <jamie.cuthbertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 14:20:38 +0100

Hi all,

I'm having a bit of a mental block this afternoon.  I have a client who uses
a web based application for her work.  On quite a lot of the screens, there
is information that is presented in what appears to be an edit box but it is
not editable text and Jaws is constantly saying "Read only" before speaking
the content.

This is similar to what you sometimes got in Outlook Express for some of the
header information.

My problem is that I have completely forgotten how to stop Jaws saying "Read
only" when it encounters this type of situation.

Any ideas gratefully received.  The lady is currently using Jaws 10 but will
be moving to Jaws 13 in due course.  The operating system is Windows XP.

Thanks in advance,

Jamie