[jaws-uk] Sending Error Reports to Microsoft

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 13:12:52 -0000

I have today received confirmation that error reports
involving JAWS, which are sent to Microsoft, will now be
forwarded to Freedom Scientific for analysis.

This is excellent news, but can only work with both your
help and patience.

Basically what it amounts to is that if you get one of those
"JFW.EXE has screwed up" type messages, where your system
asks if it can send details of the error to Microsoft, and
you say "Yes", details of the error will be sent on to F.S.

F.S. will then able able to analyse these reports, and
determine what problems people are having, how common
certain problems are, and hopefully find a fix.

Please don't expect solutions overnight, but be assured I
have personal experience of all this with two other adaptive
software products.  It works, and it works very well.

I'm sure we all want to see better, more stable software at
our finger tips, and this is a positive contribution which
we can all make towards that end.  It usually only a few
seconds to send these reports, so please consider saying,
"Yes" next time.

George.