[jaws-uk] PROBLEMS WITH GMAIL

  • From: drewdog101 <drewdog101@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 07:08:20 +0100

Hi all,

I've had a Gmail account for some years now and have (on the whole)
been very happy with it. However I am now experiencing the following
issue. On logging into my account I am regularly (although not all the
time) presented with a message asking me to enter the correct password
and then solve a visual captcha. Sometimes I am able to solve this
with the aid of Webvisum, however this does not always work and I am
forced to rely on the assistance of a sighted friend or my wife. Is
anyone else experiencing this issue? As I understand it you should
only be asked to solve a captcha if you have (unsuccessfuly) tried to
log into your Gmail account on a number of occasions. However I am
experiencing the issue on the first attempt and in most instances I'm
sure that I am entering the correct log-in details. I'm using Jaws 11
on a Windows 7 laptop with Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Thanks,

Kevin