[jaws-uk] NLB Pilot Scheme and Jaws

  • From: "Shirley and Bob Gould" <gould.elmley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jaws-uk" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 13:45:50 -0000

Hi Keith
To read the EaseReader instructions with the Dolphin speech press ctrl+F1
and Tab down to the required control.
I am unable to use Jaws to read these books although my sighted wife assures
me that the text of the book is very clearly being displayed on the screen.
If I try to use the Jaws cursor I just get a list of graphics.
I have just been listening to the audio book 'Holes' and think the voice on
this book is by far the best one being used in this trial. If they were all
read as good as this one then I might be persuaded to think a little more
favourably about the whole thing, sadly most of the synthetic voices are
absolutely dreadful and seem to be taking us backwards in time instead of
offering us an improvement.

Thanks to the hard work done on our behalf by our moderators in carrying out
this move to a new list, well done and thank you.

Best wishes and a Happy Christmas
Bob Go 0-   ul