[jaws-uk] MS office 2007 Excel

  • From: "Mark Mansworth" <mark.mansworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 16:37:44 +0100

How do,
I am using Jaws 9.0.519   with Vista.  I recently purchased MS office 2007
because when I purchase my new PC it didn't have MS Word Or Excel included in
the package...

I am finding this new Excel a bugger!  My older version of Excel was very easy
to use with Jaws, mind it did date back to '97.  However this updated and new
fangaled version I am finding very difficult to work around.What has happened
to simply accessing the menus by alt, the menu which pops up is very minimal ,
I can find more menus using the Jaws cursor but still finding it a mare.  I
have also tried Alt + H, in the vain hope of finding a Help menu but then faced
with some garbage about "Ribbons", what's that all about ?",   If anyone knows
of any tips or a link to somewhere I can find any useful instructions on using
this version of Excel, I would be very grateful.

Mark