[jaws-uk] Jaws behaving oddly

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 23:31:53 +0100

   Dear List,

I think I have mentioned  that on my laptop  my former Isp Freeserve  is
imbedded , not in accounts but in  places  such as Outlook Express
programme  where it keeps chanting my former email address.  Avisitor  did
try to  get rid of it by  going into the registry  and  it seemed to have
gone. However  it is still there  you will not hear it in add or remove  but
at  different times. I was talked through on the phone removing jaws  and
doing a fresh Install  and then downloading patches , I suppose running  the
repair Wizard  could have been tried but  a clean fresh install  should have
been even better. Now  this is Version 8  used with Xp Home and  lunar 6
and I.E 7.  so what Jaws is doing is this  if I do a reply on an email  Jaws
should speak the word Edit, as it does on desktop, but Jaws does not it
mearely reads the whole of the message I am replying to non stop.
Also take a Pdf File  Jaws  starts off normally  and  you hear The document
is preparing etc, a few lines are read  and Jaws stops , I am told the print
is there ,so Jaws is not seeing it all, another irritating thing is Jaws
unasked     will say File,Edit View  and  is doing this fast ,  I  have not
asked for  this  seems Jaws gets carried away and  cannot stop. Has this
happened to anyone else? I am now  thinking I may have to have  the    whole
thing cleaned off and reformatted  This will be a big job and need  a
Computer  engineer  and all backing up . so I have hoped for  a cure .  or
an explanation . If Freeserve  being imbedded  means  it is merely  Cosmetic
then it should not upset jaws  and it is really  advertising itself to me,
it is  getting on for one year since I moved to Zen  and Freeserve is not
imbedded on desktop as it was put on  manually  not  using a Cd  as it was
on laptop. it was sent in an Orange  Folder as a Cd  with a Modem  now I am
using a Wireless conection for the laptop  ,Desktop is wired  in   Router is
called Edimac  has the letter G  in it.   Any ideas  received

dorothy gratefully  .