[jaws-uk] Re: Jaws 8.0 What's Audio Material Posted

  • From: "Tristram Llewellyn" <tris-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 15:57:53 -0000

I am of the belief that FS will post Jaws 8.0 on the web but not the Realspeak
voices, you will have to wait for physical shipment for that CD.  This is
partly due to the size of the download and to some extent issues over license
negotiated with Nuance.  Note that you will also be able to use the speech
engines freely with other software that uses SAPI 5 protocal, the only
stipulation will be that Jaws has to be installed first before you can install
the RealSpeak voices.
Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
Sight and Sound Technology