[jaws-uk] Jaws 8 - Braille Problem

  • From: "Cooper, Irene" <Irene.Cooper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jaws-UK Group" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 11:50:52 -0000

Hi all

Installed Jaws 8 yesterday with no problems.  Pleased to see that the
Outlook calendar is working much better.  However, I've noticed a
problem in MSWord 2003 with my PowerBraille 80.

When tabbing through a table, the Braille isn't following.  The Braille
cursor seems to be flashing in the first character of the first cell.
It doesn't seem to refocus by doing a Jaws refresh or by alt-tabbing
away and back again.

I'm using Windows XP Pro.

Any thoughts?  Apologies if this has already been covered on the list.
I have been struggling to keep up with my mail lately and have loads
unread.  I did, however, see that someone raised some problems relating
to a Braille display.

Regards

Irene

Irene Cooper
System Project  Officer
North East Derbyshire District Council

Tel: 01246 217101
mailto:Irene.Cooper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx=0D

Disclaimer=0D

This e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the use of the=
 individual to whom it is addressed.
 Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not=
 represent those of North East Derbyshire District Council.

This email contains information intended for the addressee only.
 It may contain confidential or privileged information.
 If you have received it in error, please notify us immediately and delete=
 the e-mail.
 Any dissemination, distribution, copyright or use of this communication=
 without prior permission of the addressee is strictly prohibited.

This e-mail message and any attached files have been scanned for the=
 presence of computer viruses.=0D
However, you are advised that you open any attachments at your own risk.