[jaws-uk] Installing v9

  • From: "Dave Taylor" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 15:03:38 -0000

Hi,
I've just had a reather frustrating time installing v9. Firstly, and I don't know why this only really bugged me now, why can't Jaws use one installer for every version, realise you already have a version running and let you use that version for the installation process? This would be much quicker and more seamless. Then, why can you not just have all your settings left as they are from previous versions, rather than having to start all over again? Mine even started two versions of Jaws, both in the default speech settings which meant I had to shut everything and start again. I don't really want to have to fish around for all my old scripts, I want Jaws to copy them into the new version for me and things like that. I want the new version to auto start instead of the old one, or an option to decide which version should auto start, and all my voice settings and everything just imported. Why can they not do this? Most other programs keep all settings when you update them!
Cheers
Dave