[jaws-uk] Important Announcement

  • From: "Steve Dryden" <csdryden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 21:21:52 +0100

Hello All,

I'd like to draw everyone's attention to a significant change in the administration of both the Jaws-UK and Access-UK lists. As you will all be aware Mr. George Bell, Director of Techno-Vision Systems has moderated both these lists now for some time and has done an exemplary job. George has now had to retire from this position for several reasons, with this being of immediate effect. I would therefore ask that any further correspondence to George be sent to his direct email as he is not active on these lists any more.

Now, to the administration of both lists. Some of you may well remember that I was the person who actually set up both of these groups many years ago and through other commitments, passed the overseeing of the lists to George. Now that he is unable to continue, this responsibility has now fallen back to myself. This therefore means that for now, I will resume this responsibility but, during this transitional period, would ask that people be patient in case any messages are moderated with some delays. I do have a full time job and other commitments also so please, bear with me.

At some point in the near future, I will probably ask for some assistance in this role or perhaps even look for someone to take over ownership of both lists.

If anyone has any questions, please direct them to me personally and not via the list. My email address is csdryden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I would personally like to thank George for his fantastic work on maintaining two excellent lists but will mail him personally as he will not see any postings via the list. I'd also like to take the opportunity to thank you all for your continued support and patience during the period of transition.

Kindest regards to you all,

Steve Hyde-Dryden