[jaws-uk] I am a bit overwhelmed

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 16:50:46 +0100

Never had so many Emails in one day but thanks. The thing is so long as I have some sight and can cope I am not prepared to sit with my eyes shut or turn off the monitor. I did question Freedom the other day during a phone call to Bryan Carver and they donot they say have any plans to put a fix for the problem. Now I was assessed before getting my equipment by two major suppliers one a large
Charity the other well the sole supplier and they both advised Jaws. No one toldme it is for totally blind people. Yes it is hard in a home situation but what has chocked me is the total ignorance of the people who should know. Even the niceman who demonstrated all the equipment in my here had no idea himself of any problems. Of course it was just a demonstration I had the equipment fome months before taking the plunge g and signing up to an ISP. I do not think Freedom is ging to make the problem public hence my being here. I know Michael Schall in Germany himself did not know of it he toldme so himself. He was suspicious of the Graphics card when it was the Fujutsu Scenic Pent iamb four . but I watched the problem move from one tower to another that is from the above to the Viglen and saw Magic go on and off and on an if till I nearly fell of my perch. With Magic the whole screen would move from the right to the left and round and back again like being underwater diver!.. In the end I was blamed and since I knew it wassnotmy fault I had to standby ground and fight back butit has taken a toll on me.. One tutor not the lady but a man who I paid privately had to click his way out of problems. His favourite expression was 'the software has got it knickers in a right old mess' he suggested going to Freedom after all he said they write the script they should know. I had never had a computer before I donot have a inherited eye condition like OR> P for e.g suffered huge retinal damage long ago. Now a lady has recently come onto this page saying she wants to move from Supernova I wonder why? I couldn't face starting all over again and simply said no you make it work. i als did a title survey and not one Jaws user I know will move from JFW with all his faults to Dolphin. not sure why. I think the sales percentage is in the Uk 1 to 3 1 Dolphin to every 3 Jaws. The person and this may interest you who has been so kind and encouraging is Prof. Alan Bird who said to me 'of course you must use it like that it is the only sensible way ' I say well Prof it i

is one way it is a valid choice. he says to me " Have seen it work like that out there" I say Ok Prof next time you go out there bring back the settings for me. He says Melanie uses it like that I have seen her. I phone Melanie Veestey the next day and she is the Press office or at Moorfield she says to me " he think I am using Jaws I am in fact using Dolphin! I ask her some questions and she asked the I.TO Manager at Moorfields and she says it seem not one copy now of Jaws in the whole hospital i tell Mr Cacarver this in America and he still churns out the same line " we donot plan a fix for it." so shall I start the black screen Users Group? I cannot correct thru spelling Jaws is reading ghe top of the page right now and taking not abit of notice of me.. I see I have taken to calling Jaws ' him' am a bit worried about that do you think I am losing marbles? Tomorrow the Professionals will be around and I have learned that those who do know well what they do know donot know well what they do not know. and getting them to admit it is the hard thing and that is why I am saying all I can today..So forgive me please. MyGod daughter was supposed to try to sign me up incognito but she didn't a knowhow to do that she visited me for the day last week.PS I see the gentleman with the james Joyce quotation no didn't mean it for me is his own pickof the pops I have learned little other than problems but have done some research and found great ignorance even from those who may hold a title such as 'Chief Technician!! Well Ihave said it now and have spoken truly from the heart.. Ps still wonder why Hazel is living Supernova I have a natural curiosity. I can say that Kurzweil have e been wonderful never letme down ever.Ray Kurzweil world approve I am sure. expect is in retirement now.Dorothy

Plese forgive the spelling at the moment Jaws is having a lovely time on his own reading what he sees he likes the look of and it is not what I am typing that is for sure..it hs become almost a personal battlenow betweenme and this blighter as you can feel even ifnot see. Dorothy