[jaws-uk] Re: Dragon 8

  • From: Chipmunks <chipmunks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 17:50:51 +0200

Might this have been Drragon Naturally Speaking version 8? If it was,
then it is speech recognition software that allows you to dictate
text into applications on your computer instead of typing and running
your computer with voice commands rather than with the keyboard.

Depending on what you want to do with it, you would probably need
scripts for jaws to work with dragon or even a middleware program
like j-say or jawbone to allow you two efficiently control your
computer with speech. I recently found out that jawbone is no longer
being developed.

If you do not have a physical disability that prevents you from
typing, you might find keyboarding more efficient than using Dragon still.

hth

Doris