[jaws-uk] Re: Downloads that are automatic

  • From: TIDDYogg <oggy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 09:35:11 +0100

Dorothy, how long's a bit of string?
When you start the download a dialogue box will appear and using the Jaws cursor you might be able to find the size of the thing. Probably easier is simply to start the download and Jaws will tell you the progress every 5 or 10 seconds, depending on how you have it set. If it seems to be taking too long, cancel it and no harm will be ddone. (If you're lucky, if you try another time, it'll continue from where it left off, but don't count on that.)

Dorothy Ingram-Gorban wrote:
Dear List
I see that a Microsoft download came in yesterday and as I have pc set
to Auto  it  looked after itself. However I have Adobe  version 7   which
seems to be adequate I have Xp Home Jaws 8 plus patches K. 11 which will read PDF files and Lunar 6, several times I have tried to download Adobe but cut the process short since it seems to want to give me something else with it. I think it is Photoshop or something Yahoo related , if 7 is Ok I will give up trying I only have Office 2002 but it is enough for me. However how do I find out how big the download is and if it takes a
long time  on  either  a Desktop  or a laptop  going via Wireless
connection

Dorothy Thank you  for  advice  in anticipation .