[jaws-uk] Daisy Book project

  • From: "Shirley and Bob Gould" <gould.elmley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jaws-uk" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 16:19:23 -0000

Hi Keith and all who are taking part in the NLB Daisy Pilot.
I loaded the Dolphin #Easereader software with no problems yesterday. At first I could not get anywhere with trying to read the books on CD but found that if Jaws is removed first then it works quite well.
Here are the steps which I am now using.
1. Ins+F4 to remove Jaws
2. Load Easereader by pressing Ctrl+shift+E.
3. Insert the CD for the chosen book in disk drive.
4. Press Ctrl+O to open the book.
5. A voice will then confirm that the key is being processed
6. Tab once and press OK.
7. The synthetic voice should then commence reading the chosen book.
By pressing the cursor right several times this can be skipped over.
I am so far not impressed with the synthetic voices either on the books or that used by Dolphin. This just confirms that I was right to have chosen Jaws as my screen reader.

Regards
Bob Gould
There is a lot of preamble before the actual book starts.