[jaws-uk] Copying music files

  • From: "Ken Reid" <ken.reid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jaws Users" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 15:51:52 -0000

All,

Hope some can help unravel the challenges of modern technology - or at least it
is modern for me!

I have just acquired a portable Daisy player that also plays MP3 files.  I have
successfully loaded talking books on to the machine, but cannot work out how to
get music from Windows Media Player on to the player.

I have ripped the music as WMA, and think it needs converted , but cannot find
the controls on WMP to do this.

Is the challenge that Jaws is not giving me the direction to manage WMP, which
I generally find adequate, or is it that I need something else to allow me to
change the music already ripped in to the required format.  I really don't want
to have to rip all my disks again in a different format if I can avoid it.

I am using Vista, WMP11 and Jaws 10, and am loading on to a Milestone, though
that just requires standard MP3 format.

Appreciate any suggestions.

Ken