[jaws-uk] Connection problems

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 20:02:50 +0100

Hi List,
For some weeks now my computers both desktop wired in to Router and laptop
via wireless, drops its connection several times a day.

I do not think it is my ISP,but I cannot get the error message number, I
have a Router called Eddimax and am using  second point into house. Bt of
course only guarantee   give you a line   if you are using the first point
into house
and then only for 1 year. Yes I read those awful terms and conditions.
so now I have things called filters in both rooms first into house and room
where the computers are. My messages sit in the Outbox, I am using Xp Home
Outlook express version 6  Jaws 9,Lunar six on one only. I can get the
connection going
in the following manner, get under computer table  turn off all plugs
particularly the big white warm plug,  leave for some minutes then put back
on and I get connection back, or I can press somethingon front of Router in
leave and then ppress  back. so have you any ideas about it.  if the
Wireless channels in the Router are overcrowded how could I tell? do I need
to memorise something called a WEP number

Any ideas gratefully received, I am so fed up I have booked an engineer for
Monday at 1 pm, will he know how to find the WEP number? I am typing this
from my Desktop Dorothy?