[jaws-uk] Re: Another j.11's quirk

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 15:43:21 -0000

The Parallel port, if fitted to a PC, is always a 25 pin female
socket, and has 2 rows of pins, one of 12 and one of 13.

This should not be confused with the video port which is a 15 pin
female socket, 3 rows of 5.

A serial port is a male socket with either 9 pins or 25 pins.  9 pin
is a row of 4 and one of 5, while the 25 pin is a row 12 and 13 pins.

George.