[jaws-uk] Accessing an application's .jcf from outside the application in JAWS7?

  • From: "Flor Lynch" <florlync@xxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 23:38:31 -0000

Hi,

It was possible, in previous versions of JAWS, to open another
application's JAWS configuration file from the Config manager's File
Open... dialogue.  (The config files were listed in a list view.)  (You
might want to do this for a self-voicing application such as K1000.)
Now that I've installed JAWS7, I've found that it's not possible to do
this!  When I go into the File Open... dialogue, from the default JCF or
any other JCF, nothing happens: no dialogue ensues.  Is this a problem,
or a deliberate means of avoiding some problem or other which i never
had?  Or is there some option I should set; but really, JAWS not being
able to thoroughly access one of its main utilities, or having left in
place a now useless functionality?  Windows ME.  And it is the
appropriate version of JAWS7 which works (or seems to) otherwise
correctly.