[jala-dev] Announcing Jala 1.3

  • From: <tobias.schaefer@xxxxxx>
  • To: <jala-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 15:44:09 +0100

Hello Jala users, welcome back in 2008.

It was a bit silent here on the list and also at dev.orf.at recently, but now
we are back on the track and happy to kick off a new year with another fine
release of Jala, tagged 1.3 -- and the most slenderised one so far:

http://dev.orf.at/trac/jala/browser/dist/jala-1.3.zip?format=raw

These 1.7 megs of kinky code bring to you among other things:

 * An integrated SMTP server for unit testing your application's mail sending
features
 * An even better embedded database server in the Database module
 * A simplified IndexManager module
 * An improved unit test framework displaying further necessary information
about your test results
 * Many, many major and minor bug fixes, improvements and add-ons.

As usual you can find all the details and latest buzz on the Jala website at
http://dev.orf.at/jala/.

We are extraordinarily excited that Jala is now an integral part of the Helma
distribution: starting with release 1.6.1 of Helma you will find Jala already
contained in the modules directory of the Helma package. No further download
necessary. Ain't it cool?

All hail the potato,
Tobi