[j-tools] Suggestion for a future idea for the Tools

  • From: "Don Barrett" <donter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <j-tools@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2010 22:01:06 -0400

Hello All,

Well, in the wake of the wonderful new podcast listing the major features of
JTools 3.1, I feel a bit disingenuous making a suggestion for a future
release since the timing just doesn't seem right.  However, I am the kind
who will forget it if I don't say it, so please forgive and allow me to
proceed. Here is a future thought for an idea.

With the explosion of email messages containing long urls especially RSS
links, reading one of these emails has become more and more of a nightmare
over recent times.  The efficiency of slogging through multi-line links
which go on and on, destroying your thought chain, and taking up so much
time, it's almost a pain to read these days.

For example, I love Top Tech Tidbits, but just sit and listen to it and you
will waste so much time hearing those ponderous long boring time-wasting
urls on and on throughout the message.  The content is fantastic, but wading
through the Internet garbage to get to it is becoming harder and harder.

I would love a feature that would allow an individual to just simply hear
the words "skipped link" instead of each url.  The words "skipped link"
could be an actual link for the url so if you wanted to go there, you would
just hit enter on the words "skipped link" without having to hear the line
after line of meaningless Internet gibberish.

Thanks; now at least I feel better.

Don

To contact the Moderator, please send a message to
enquiries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To post to this list, please send a message to
j-tools@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

j-tools-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
and put the word
subscribe