[j-say list] Re: j-say melt down

  • From: "Sue Martin" <smartin27@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <j-say@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 18:34:50 -0600

I had to uninstall Dragon and then run a program called speechAPI..exe.  I
think that was the name of it.  It was in a folder on the Dragon CD called
Redist.  I don't remember how large it was but if you can't find it I'll try
to Email it to you.  After that program has been run you can reinstall
Dragon and go about your business.

As soon as you get good working speech files you should do a backup and
restore on the voice files so that you're never left in the lurch if
something happens to the one you are using.

I'm at home now so I'll have to find the speechapi file at work.  Please let
me know if you locate it on your Dragon CD.

Sue