[j-say list] Re: FW: Working alone

  • From: "Ankers, Dave \(UK\)" <Dave.Ankers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <j-say@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 12:57:24 +0100

Hi Pranav,

The problem is the acoustics are all over the place from extremely quiet
to extremely noisy to the point where I cannot hear myself think.  When
it is quiet, everyone in the office can hear every word I say and I'm
sure quickly get sick of hearing me too.  When the noise level in the
office is reasonable, it is very noticeable that when I start talking to
the pc, the noise level reduces.  Now just what are they listening to?
My standard headset is the VXI Talkpro Express, which has a very good
microphone.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave,

I cannot comment on the legislation.  However, I have read about several
people using Dragon NaturallySpeaking in extremely noisy environments
such as the emergency wards of hospitals.  It all depends on the quality
of microphone that you have. See www.emicrophones.com for a large
selection of microphones or, itspeaking.co.uk.

Pranav