[j-say list] Re: Digital Recorders with J-Say

  • From: "Gary Wunder" <gwunder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <j-say@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 07:37:01 -0600

Hi Jeff. I think you will have exceedingly good luck using a high quality recorder such as the Olympus DS30. Please remember to use the microphone switch so that when you are dictating it is in the least sensitive or lowermost switch setting position. This will make lots of difference in your recognition accuracy. I love the convenience of being able to use the recorder when there is information I need to generate but I want to be away from the desk. I can't say that I find the recorder to be completely as accurate as dictating through a headset microphone, but it is certainly well within the bounds of acceptable errors when it comes time to do corrections. One thing which will also help you is that you can use the same recording several times to make needed corrections and enhance your profile.

I do agree with Ed that it would be most helpful to create a new profile for the recorder. Good luck, and let us know if you have problems or tell us about your success.

Gary

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeff Clark" <jeffclark925@xxxxxxxxxxx>