[j-say list] Re: A Problem with all commands to turn the microphone on

  • From: Brian Hartgen <brian.hartgen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "j-say@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <j-say@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 11:25:08 +0000

Hi Stuart

Maybe there is background noise when you are trying to enunciate the command.
Dragon has far more difficulty understanding commands when the microphone is
asleep rather than awake. Be sure that you are speaking the command with no
partial phrase or any background noise ahead of it. For example, many people
fall into the habit of saying things like, "er microphone on", and so Dragon
will not understand this correctly.
It was in fact for this reason that we introduced the, microphone on, command,
because Dragon often had a problem with the command, listen to me. Microphone
on has a slightly harsher sound to it which causes Dragon to capture it a
little easier.

As an alternative, creating a new profile may help resolve this situation, I
have seen that before.

Brian Hartgen
Astec Assistive Technology Solutions Limited
Victoria House, 8 Richmond Terrace
Stoke-on-Trent, Staffs, ST1 4ND
Tel:         01782 792 222
Mobile: 07972 912 453