[iyonix-support] Re: changing RAM

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 21:17:40 +0100

In message <f376b4404f.postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> In message <dfec45404f.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> In message <03102d404f.postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>           Ike Busser <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> have uograded the RAM of my umpc to 2 GB and now have a 1GB module
>>> spare.

>>> I wonder if I could stick this into the Iyonix (now 512 MB) without
>>> causing any problems

>>> It is 1GB DDR2 400 Mhz

>> No you cannot use this in an Iyonix but it would not fit in the slot
>> anyway. DDR2-RAM is incompatible with normal DDR-RAM, which is what
>> the Iyonix uses.

> It looks to me that it would fit fine. has the same measures.

At first glance maybe. It does have the same overall measures but
there is usually a notch on the motherboard and a corresponding hole
in the module and these are in a different place with DDR2, so you
should not be able to actually push the module in - which is a good
thing because DDR2 uses a different voltage so you would probably
destroy the module immediately when trying to use it.

Martin