[iyonix-support] Re: Why is the USB connection greyed out?

  • From: John Ballance <jwb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 22:58:35 +0100

Hi

Doug Webb wrote:
In message <4c20d7ff4e.davehigton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Dave Higton <davehigton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

One of the members of SAUG has an Iyonix (must be quite old, given
that he is currently upgrading from 5.03 to 5.13) but can't print
to a USB printer.  He is using Printers 1.72, but the Connections
dialogue box has the Universal Serial Bus entry greyed out, so he
is naturally unable to select it.  He has an Epson Stylus Color
680 printer, and a Belkin USB-parallel interface (sorry, I can't
remember the model number).  When I spoke to him yesterday, the
printer was connected via the Belkin interface and /not/ directly.
The Belkin interface is seen by !USBInfo as a printer.

the reason will be that there were various obey files in predesk (or tasks) for the early printing efforts that are not completely removed when moving to 513.

best bet is to get a new current disc image and add back ONLY what is shown to be needed

John

So, what else is necessary to activate the USB connection method?

Try PrtSet2USB by Ian Hamilton found at:

http://www.hamiltoni.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Doug

--
John Ballance