[iyonix-support] Re: Wearing out letters (was Re: Iyonix Hardware additions

  • From: Robin Phillips <robin-phillips@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 11:24:57 +0100

Dear Dave Higton,

In message <bf9f806b4f.davehigton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Dave Higton <davehigton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <1cbedb6a4f.rphillips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>          Robin Phillips <robin-phillips@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>I have a different problem with keyboards, namely that some of the
>>characters wear off the keys...
> What you need are double shot moulded key caps.  These are not
> cheap.  A quick Google search on the phrase has found the
> following URL:
>
> http://www.readcosine.co.uk/ds102w-keyboard.html
>
> I have no idea how expensive
I'm just now getting a price from them.

> ...it's clear from the picture that some of the keys are in different
> places from what we're used to.
Their advert mentions several layouts being available, but thanks for
pointing this out.  I will take care!

> If by any chance you don't know what "double shot moulded" means, just say.
Well, I certainly do not know, so perhaps you would not mind
explaining this term to the layman.

Thanks again for your help.  Yours sincerely,  Robin.

--
Robin Phillips,
NG9 1BT