[iyonix-support] Re: USB oddity on bootup

  • From: Evan Clark <evan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 10:07:41 +0000 (GMT)

In article <ad6d09be4e.steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Steve Fryatt <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> That's because it isn't related to a printer cable: it's related to the
> keyboard not being found.  That could be for any number of reasons:
> additional USB hardware, non-standard keyboard (mine is PS/2 via a
> converter, for example), the keyboard being in the 'wrong' USB socket,
> etc, etc.

What's more, it doesn't matter. This Iyonix, now just over 4 years old,
has always displayed that message, regardless of which socket or which
keyboard I've tried. There have never been any adverse consequences.

Perhaps the best fix for this would be for that message to be supressed -
no more worries, problem gone.

Evan.