[iyonix-support] Re: Setting up a wireless adapter

  • From: Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 09:42:13 GMT

In message <5f04a5c14e.peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
          Peter Naulls <peter@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <f4e556c14e.cjjohnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Cyril Johnson <cjjohnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Greetings!
>> I have recently been given a Belkin Wireless G Gaming Adapter. I hope
>> to be able to use it to connect my Iyonix to a wireless router and so
>> to the internet. Does anyone know whether I can set up directly from
>> the Iyonix, or do I have to do it via a Windows PC? The instructions
>> of course make no mention of RiscOS. I would be glad of any ideas.
>
> It's "RISC OS" incidentally.  Normally, such instructions will require
> you to attach a cable and configure it via a web interface possibly
> after setting static IP addresses.  These are generally just as valid
> under RISC OS, with the only gotcha is that it may require a capable
> JS browser.

If it is something like the "F5D7330" then it sets itself up as
default with an IP address of 192.168.2.225. To access the Web based
interface you should set you Iyonix to a static address in the same
range i.e 192.168.2.224 and then type in 192.168.2.225 in your
browser. You will need to alter things like its address to line up
with your router via Static or DHCP and also you will need to set
encryption / security settings like WEP128 etc. These are easy to
follow and are in the manual. Don't forget to set the Iyonix back to a
IP address in your IP range once you have done all the alterations.

Doug

--
Using a Iyonix PC and RISC OS 5.13, the thinking persons alternative
operating system to Microsoft Windows.