[iyonix-support] Screen squashing

  • From: Chris F <c.n.l.f@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 18:48:02 GMT

I have Geminus permanently activated on my Iyonix.

Whenever I switch on, by the time the RISCOS badge appears in the
centre of the screens, Geminus has already decided to squash the height
of the screen by 100%. After the desktop is settled I click on the
Geminus icon, click 'Change' and the screen expands upwards instantly to
its correct 2560x1024 aspect.

I don't know why this happens so I'm living with it, but just now,
after reading a December thead 'Monitor blanking/screensaving doesn't
work' I was messing about in Configuration>Screen and, without altering
any of the 'Display settings' (Relisys TL965, 16m, 2560x1024) I clicked
'Try', and behold, the display shrank and after 3 secs did not restore!

Should this tell me, or anyone more knowledgeable than me, anything
about my Geminus error?

--
BW Chris F.
[ British Iyonix, RISC OS 5.13 & A9 ]