[iyonix-support] Re: SCSI on Iyonix?

  • From: Ron <iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 08:24:23 +1200

In message <d1f0b43e4f.eddie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Eddie Lord <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <28e9833e4f.Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           C J Craig <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote thus:
>
> > Did any one get the old Acorn SCSI interface working on Iyonix.
> > I have the card & backplane. I have a Cannoscan neg scan languishing
> > in the loft. DP did 32 bit the driver for it.
>
> I did see the Acorn card working at Wakefield a few years ago, but
> according to Chris Evans one of the updates shortly afterwards stopped
> the Acorn card from working:-(
>
> I don't know if Gary Partis ever did any work on the drivers but its
> all gone quiet. I think John Ballance was hoping someone would take
> the project on.

Hi, I did some experimenting using a RiscPC backplane and wasn't
successful, I later found that the RiscPC backplane would not work with
the Midi cards and Liquid Silicon's new drivers either.
A proper Iyonix backplane would be necessary. I thought I better set
this straight, as a while ago I indicated the RiscPC backplane seemed to
work to a degree. One other thing I noticed was that the SCSI module
that I left in boot>predesk upset the USB one day and I had to remove
it.

It has been shown that scanning with USB2 scanning is much faster, with
the occasional USB startup issue on the downside but easier cable
connection on the upside.

Cheers,  Ron

         RiscOS 5.11  Iyonix