[iyonix-support] Re: Ro 5.22 on Iyonix

  • From: David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 09:40:15 +0000

Richard Molton, on 25 Oct, wrote:

[snip]

This computer has worked just fine until this morning, but now I get a
repeating message telling me to "install Alarm, as an application alarm is
waiting for it" - and I suppose it has something to do with the change to
GMT.

What puzzles me is the fact that Alarm 2.87 is up and running (as
usual,from my boot sequence), although it did persist in showing summer
time despite being configured to automatically change to GMT - until
quitting and reloading Alarm from its usual place in Resources/Apps got it
to show the correct time, and the messages ceased - at least, until
switching off. Restarting the machine has given me a display with the
correct time, but the "install Alarm" message is back.

That happened here a while ago therefore the details may be trifle foggy.

!Alarm's Choices arrangements have changed and the old stuff needs to be got
rid of.

The old !Boot.Choices.Alarm.Alarms is trying to deal with GMT/BST change
over dates. Deleting that file and restarting !Alarm should be sufficient.

Any user Alarms would need to be reinstated.

BST/GMT switching can now be automatic, see "Time and date" configuration
from either !Boot"s Configure or "Set clock" from !Alarm.
--
David Pitt