[iyonix-support] Re: Printing across a network

  • From: Steven Pampling <steve.pampling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 17:17:50 +0000 (GMT)

On 10 Dec, Bryan <bryanpage1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> When I try to print using this configuration I get an error message
> "File '000n' not found" where 'n' increments each time you attempt to
> print.

Do a search on the PC (in \winnt\system32\spool) looking for file 000*.*
and see what you find.

Make sure the printer name has no spaces - it helps eliminate one common
source of problems.
Make sure the printer name (and hence the share) has a relatively short.
15 covers some issues, shortened to 8 characters covers another chestnut.

--

Steve Pampling