[iyonix-support] Power problems.

  • From: Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 12:29:50 GMT

I have an Iyo panther, getting on for 3 years old, and I run this and
the monitor via a UPS. Today has brought some alarming experiences.

1) First thing this morning the computer wouldn't start; I discovered
that the UPS mains light wasn't on, and pressing its on button made
all work.

2) When I left the machine untended for a while I then discovered that
it had somehow turned itself off. Again the UPS mains light had gone
out, and pressing the on button again got things going again.

This seems to me to be a problem with the UPS rather than the Iyo's
power supply; does this seem likely to you experts?

TIA,

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter   \   /                 \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
Anne     \ / __            __  \                              England.