[iyonix-support] Re: New Zealand

  • From: Martin Dixon <m.dixon4@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 22:48:54 GMT

In message <439bf0a951.alan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Dr Alan Leighton <alan.leighton2@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <mpro.lh1ids004xgxn0210@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Jeremy Nicoll - zf freelists iyo only
> <jn.flists.73@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Dr Alan Leighton <alan.leighton2@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>> We have many RISCOS users in NZ so I want to say any one of our
>>> friends who read this our thoughts and prayers are with you. You are a
>>> great and wonderful nation and what we see on out TVs is painful and
>>> makes us weep for you,
>
>> To be frank, I concur with Peter Naulls' viewpoint here.  It's not that I
>> don't worry about my (many) NZ relatives, but I don't quite see why you
>> should single them out for best wishes when there have been so many other
>> natural disasters around the world recently.
>
>> And I certainly don't think that anyone's choice of OS is germane.
>
> Selfishness, I was brought up in NZ and they are our flesh and blood
> and have stood by our nation through both  world wars.
>
> To me it is a family thing. Our PM thinks the same way. I have also
> written about other disasters in a similar way and it has raised much
> cash.
>
> The last thing is why shouldn't I, I am all for people having an
> opinion to express freely?
>

> The mistake, and this I humbly apologise for that I posted here.
> Sorry. I will not do it again.
>
> Can we leave it there and not pick the meat off the bone?
>
> Alan

Well Alan, I have to say I agree with every word you wrote. I know a
lot of people in Christchurch, and also have a couple of work
colleagues who are presently in NZ, one I know is in the South Island.
That makes this disaster personal for me.  I pray constantly for those
people.  And will continue to do so for as long as it takes.

Yes, perhaps this isn't the place for it, but the mainstream media are
already forgetting something that will take years to repair. Perhaps
everyone would rather sweep it under the carpet.  It would be to our
credit if we didn't.

Oh, and the young lady who I quote in my tagline is from Christchurch
- and was there with her family only last week.

Martin

--
Visit my weather station at
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/m.dixon4/Cumulus/index.htm

Believing is the start of everything to come.  -   Hayley Westenra