[iyonix-support] MessageTrans Abort !

  • From: Jon Keates <jonkeates@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 16:55:18 GMT

Error after Dismounting the CardReader SD Slot and unplugging !

Machine : Iyonix RISC OS 5.11, Build Date Wed,22 Feb 2006.14:32:39

No problems with the CardReader using earlier OS versions, this was the
first time I have tried to use it with ROS511 and USB2 installed.

*where
Address FC117994 is at offset 000006C4 in module MessageTrans
*
*usbdevices
No. Bus Dev Class Description
  1   1   1  9/ 0 NEC OHCI Root Hub
  4   2   1  9/ 0 NEC OHCI Root Hub
  6   3   1  9/ 0 EHCI root hub
  7   1   2  9/ 0 Iiyama Hub
  8   1   3  0/ 0 Tsunami SM-2000
  9   2   2  0/ 0 CHESEN USB Keyboard
 10   1   4  0/ 0 HewLett Packard HP LaserJet 1200

USBDevices shows no CardReader but its 4 Icons are still on the Icon Bar.

Normally when in use two files are kept open to the device, after closing
all Directory viewers and Dismounting and unplugging the USB cable, there
was still one file left Open to the USB Device !

Before the above error there were 21 Tasks Active but after the error there
was only 20 Tasks Active, the Missing Task was :

SysLog                 &2014BBB4   &1300387C          0K          &1

==> Help on keyword SysLog
Module is: SysLog          0.20 (16 Jun 2003) © DoggySoft Ltd., 1995, 1996, 1997

ON SHUTDOWN - the error was repeated but shutdown continued OK

** CardReader !USBinfo Report Details (with no SD card in slot)

 Bus: 2
   Device: 3
      DeviceFS  : USB11
      USB spec  : 1.10
      Class     : 0     (Defined at Interface level)
      Subclass  : 0
      Protocol  : 0
      MaxPacket : 16
      Vendor    : 0aec  Neodio Technologies Corp.
      Product   : 3050  ND3050 8-in-1 Card Reader
      Release   : 1.00
      Speed     : Full speed (12 Mb/s)
      NumConfigs: 1

      Config: 1
         MaxPower  : 100 mA
         Attributes:
         Interfaces: 1

         Interface: 0
         Alternate: 0
            Class     : 8     Mass Storage
            Subclass  : 6     SCSI
            Protocol  : 80    Bulk (Zip)
            Endpoints : 2

            Endpoint: 1
               Direction : OUT
               Transfer  : Bulk
               MaxPacket : 64
               Interval  : -

            Endpoint: 2
               Direction : IN
               Transfer  : Bulk
               MaxPacket : 64
               Interval  : -

That's all the system info I saved at the time of the Abort error.

Well, I'm not sure what to make of all this, it seems like SysLog crashed
and MessageTrans reported the error, no other MessageTrans problems. But
what was trying to use SysLog, was it USBinfo or the SCSI side of things ?

Although SysLog is always run, nothing has ever produced a Log yet 8-(

can anyone explain the cause of the problem, is SysLog to blame?

cheers

Jon
--
    RISC OS Software : http://www.tarazen.demon.co.uk/software/