[iyonix-support] Re: Limited screen break up on Iyonix

  • From: Paul Vigay <lists-nospam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 08:57:59 +0100

In article <7bf19e334e.Bernard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Bernard Veasey <bernard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I continue to get white horizontal flickery lines all over the screen
> after a DPMS screen blank.  The only way to then cure it is to restart
> the computer (F12 then *rmreinit nvidia etc does not cure it for me).

> I'm using RISC OS 5.11 rel 3 with all the latest upgrades and hardware
> mods applied.  This sometimes happens 2 or 3 times a day but usually
> happens at least once a day, and is a real pain.

If it's any consolation or clue to what causes this (difference between
machines), I've got a standard style Iyonix which I bought a couple of
years ago (upgraded to latest ROS 5.11 though) and a newer Aria Cube
(bought at this years SW Show).

The older machine very occasionally suffers from the problem you mention -
ie. flickery horizontal lines after waking from DPMS.
However, I don't think I've ever seen them occur on the Aria cube, despite
both machines being set to the same DPMS settings, using similar monitor
and being on 24/5 (screen saver set to 15 minutes).

This /may/ indicate a difference between hardware/video card or something.

--
Paul Vigay                 __\\|//__            Life,
                           (` o-o ')        the Universe

Fine, done. Let's eat.